Dr. Curtis J. Bonk Interviews
- October 28, 2016
Using Technology in Your Humanities Classroom
interviewed and quoted in article by David Cutler, Edutopia.
- October 25, 2016
Top Expert Predict What Will Transform ELearning for 2017, by Ilona Hetsevich for Learning Management System, Joomla, page 5.
- September, 2016
Mobile and A.I. will lead innovation on e-learning, by Min Hyung Kim for Seoul Economic Daily. (In Korean and English)
- September, 2016
Curt Bonk Talks about Open Education, (pp. 1 & 4). By John Orlando, Online Classroom, Magna Publications.
- May 27, 2016
The design and future of open education: Curtis Bonk on Future Trends Forum, by Bryan Alexander for Future Trends Forum.
- March 24, 2016
How to Motivate Students Online - Video Interview With Curt Bonk, by Ilona Hetsevich for Joomla LMS ELearning Blog.
- January 6, 2016
Examine the Benefits, Drawbacks of Online Learning for Introverts, by Jordan Friedman, U.S. News and World Report: Education.
A Mixed Methods Look at Self-Directed Online Learning: MOOCs, Open Education, and Beyond—A Conversation with Curt Bonk. Invited Talk at the MOOC Research Summit, Center for Online Innovation in Learning (COIL), Virtual presentation using Adobe Connect, Pennsylvania State University, Nittany Lion Inn, University Park, PA, February 10, 2014. Bonk Session in Adobe Connect
- Prof. Bonk on The World is Open, Part 1 of 3, by David Cutler for Spin Education blog, December 29, 2012
- Extreme Learning and the University Professor, Part 1, by Jennifer Funk for EdCetera blog, November 26, 2012. (Getting Smart blog reprinted, December 13, 2012)
Extreme Learning and the University Professor, Part 2, by Jennifer Funk for EdCetera blog, November 28, 2012. (Getting Smart blog reprinted, December 13, 2012)
- Podcast interview, by Allan Carrington, Between the Buttons, Topic: Motivation, Show is 3:59, Podcast with Curt Bonk, University of Adelaide, SA, Australia, November 8, 2012
Podcast interview, by Allan Carrington, Between the Buttons, Topic: Mooc Bonk, Show is 11:26, Podcast with Curt Bonk, University of Adelaide, SA, Australia, November 8, 2012
- Radio interview for Breakfast on Radio Adelaide: "Learnin’ how to Teach", with Angus Randall, produced by Bryanna Griffin, Adelaide, South Australia, November 6, 2012
- Interviewed and quoted in Military Advanced Education, 7(8). MARVELOUS MOOCS, by Laural Hobbes, October 2012
- Interview for the Thought Leaders podcast series, Sydney Institute of TAFE (Technical and Further Education) NSW: "How Curt came to write The World is Open; plus thoughts on Open Education, and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCS)", by Michael Coghlan in Adelaide, Australia, June 23, 2012
- Interviewed for the Chronicle of Higher Education: "Building Different MOOC's for Different Pedagogical Needs", by Jeff Young. See also 4 Professors Discuss Teaching Free Online Courses for Thousands of
Students, by Jeff Young, June 11, 2012
The World Is Open Q&A, December 21, 2009
- Interview for Steve Hargadon's series on The Future of Education, December 5, 2009
- Interview for Technology, Learning, and Libraries, Jon Watts, November 11, 2009
- Interview for WGN Midday News, November 10, 2009
- Radio Interview for "The Kathryn Zox Show",
WMET 1160-AM, November 10, 2009
- Radio Interview for "Morning Show" with Eilee Heikenen-Weiss,
"The World Is Open: How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education", WBEZ-91.5 FM,
October 15, 2009 [Audio]
- Radio Interivew for "Afternoon Show" with Pete Ferrand,
"The World Is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education,",
WRJN-AM 1400 AM, October 15, 2009
- Radio Interview for "Dresser After Dark" with Michael Dresser,
"The World Is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education,"
IRA/USA Radio Network, October 15, 2009
- Radio Interview for Lake Effect, WUWM-FM Milwaukee Public Radio, October 15, 2009
- Association of Finnish eLearning Centre,
Interview for SeOppi,
by Oili Salminen, October 14, 2009
- Interviewed and spotlighted in
Management Monthly Newsletter for Education, Mc-Graw-Hill/Irwin,
Volume 1, Issue 6, Page 1: In the Trenches, Page 9: Tips, and Page 11: Executive Summary, September 2009.
- Featured guest chat, EdTechTalk, The World Is Open; How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education, September 20, 2009
- Radio interview for "Sunday Magazine/NTJ Morning Magazine," with Rick Shepard,
http://www.key95.com/, September 15, 2009, Johnstown, PA
(includes: WKYE (95.5 FM), WUZI-FM, WUZY-FM, WVCS-AM, WYLE-AM).
- TV interview on WTIU/WFIU
"InFocus" show special on education
with Shameka Neely, News-General Assignment Reporter, September 24, 2009
- Radio interview for "State of Affairs/Studio 619" show with Julie Kredens, interview on
"World is Open: How Web Technology Is Revolutionizing Education", September 1, 2009, Louisville, Kentucky, WFPL
- Radio interview for "Viewpoints" show with Pat Reuter, "World is Open book and online learning", August 31, 2009
- Open Education, Open World - Podcast with Curtis Bonk
Interview by Jeff Cobb for Mission to Learn, August 26, 2009
- An interviewed by Scott Jaschik is published in Inside Higher Education.
Curtis J. Bonk explains themes of new book about how technology and "open access" ideas are changing education, August 25, 2009
- Radio interview for "Public Affairs" show with Larry Wilson,
"How Web Technology is Revolutionizing Education", WROQ-FM 101.1, and
WTPT-FM 93.3, August 24, 2009
- Radio interview for “Morning Show with Shelley Irwin,”
Shelley Irwin and Kevin Chapman, WGVU-AM/FM (NPR),
Grand Rapids, MI, August 19, 2009 [Listen Now]
- Radio interview for "Conversations with Joy Cardin,"
Wisconsin Public Radio (NPR), Madison, WI, August 19, 2009
- Radio interview for "These Days" show with
Maureen Cavanough, Hank Crook,
"Internet is Increasing Access to
Education Around the World,",
KPBS 89.5 FM, San Diego, CA, August 18, 2009
- Radio interview for "Tech Talk with Craig Peterson," WGIR 610 AM, Manchester, NH, August 17, 2009
- Blog post at TeachKnowLogist, "The World Is Open", interview of Curt Bonk by Dr. Sanjaya Mishra, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- "Education Next", Dan Angelo, UC-Riverside http://kucr.org/, August 4, 2009
- Live interview about "The World Is Open" book on NewsRadio AM1340 with Gary Sieber and Paul Weaver, July 27, 2009
- "The World Is Open" book on the Paradise Radio Network WCBQ-AM 1340, WHNC-AM,
by Dr. Alvin Augustus Jones, Oxford, North Carolina, July 23, 2009
- An Interview with Curtis Bonk: A Look at Wikibooks and Wikibookians by Michael Shaughnessy, EducationNews.org, July 14, 2009
- An Interview with Curtis Bonk: Current Concerns in Technology and Educational Leadership by Michael Shaughnessy, July 6, 2009.
- Interviewed for documentary film on changing schools/education. February 24, 2009.
- Podcast Interview, The World is Open, eLearning Guild conference, Orlando, FL, Feb. 16, 2009.
- Also posted at AME Info (Middle East Business Resource): http://www.ameinfo.com/183863.html and Arabian Business.com: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/press_releases/detail/37626
- Interviewed/videotaped for professional development online broadcast and follow-up DVD on Award Winning Tools, Tips, and Techniques for Online Instruction, STARLINK, LeCroy Center for Educational Telecommunications, Dallas, TX, February 2009. Available: http://www.starlinktraining.org/programs/programs2009/feb9.asp (flier) and http://www.starlinktraining.org/packets2009/resourcepackets2009.asp
- Quoted in article for eLearn Magazine, Predictions for 2009.
- Podcast Interview, The World is Open, North Suburban Library System, Chicago, IL, December 2008.
- Interviewed for article in University Affairs Magazine, November 2008.
- Interviewed for article in daily Moscow paper, "Mir Novostei," October 2008.
- Interviewed/videotaped for professional development online broadcast and follow-up DVD on Best Practices from Hybrid Instructors, STARLINK, LeCroy Center for Educational Telecommunications, Dallas, TX, September 19, 2008. Available: http://www.starlinktraining.org/Programs/Programs2009/oct20.asp (flier) and http://www.starlinktraining.org/packets2009/resourcepackets2009.asp
- Interviewed/videotaped for professional development online broadcast and follow-up DVD on Tips for Online Learning, STARLINK, LeCroy Center for Educational Telecommunications, Dallas, TX, September 19, 2008.
- Two pics in Schmap Guides, Oxford Brookes Univ & Edward Jones Dome; see http://www.schmap.com/.
- Webcam interview in Skype and Ustream on my "The World is Open" book by Will Richardson, July 30, 2008.
- Quoted in eSchool News article on One Laptop Per Child by Christine Van Dusen, July 31, 2008.
- Quoted in article for Boston Globe, "Last Lecture," by Peter Schworm, July 28, 2008.
- Sloan-C Effective Practices. Park, Y. J., & Bonk, C. J. Synchronous Teaching and Learning Experiences Mediated by Macromedia Breeze Collaboration Tool and Telephone conference Tool.
- Quoted in article in March/April, 2008 Biz Voice/Indiana Chamber of Commerce, IU Study: How Wired are Todays K-12 Teachers?, 11(2), pp. 31-32.
- Quoted in article for Edutopia, "Word up: Bringing the worlds languages to your classroom." By Laila Weir, March 11, 2008, see http://www.edutopia.org/online-language-resources
- Interviewed for article in "The Review," University of Delaware student paper, article called "Livemocha," by Maddie Thomas, March 7, 2008, http://media.www.udreview.com/media/storage/paper781/news/2008/03/07/News/Web-Site.Provides.Opportunity.To.Learn.Foreign.Languages.From.Native.Speakers-3257378.shtml.
- Quoted for New York Times article, "Learning from a native speaker, without leaving your home," by Anne Eisenberg, February 17, 2008.
- Also appeared in the Deccan Herald, India, March 19, 2008, "Learning a language over a cup of mocha." http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Mar202008/dheducation2008031958318.asp
- Also in the International Herald Tribune, "Language lessons could be just a click away," http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/02/17/technology/novel.php
- Quoted in article for eLearn Magazine, Predictions for 2008: E-Learning Experts Map the Road Ahead.
- Featured in Outlook Online, Univ of Maryland, Learning Across Virtual Boundaries, Nov 20, 2007.
- InterEd IU Press release, NatEl Study to examine best ways to prepare tchrs to use tech, Nov 19, 2007.
- Interviewed for Indianapolis Star newspaper, "IU to study technology in schools," November 19, 2007.
- Interviewed about e-learning for Arizona Republic (Phoenix newspaper), appeared October 29, 2007.
- Video for OOPS Project (Opensource Opencourseware Prototype System). March 23, 2007.
- Quoted in article for eLearn Magazine, Predictions for 2007: E-Learning Experts Map the Road Ahead.
- Interviewed/videotaped for E-Read First Ohio on "E-Learning Professional Devel," Nov 21, 2006.
- Interviewed/videotaped for Univ of Houston podcast promotion for Nature-Nurture talk, October 5, 2006.
- Interviewed/videotaped for Napier University, course on online course design, September 7, 2006.
- Featured in Educational Pathways 5(6). 1-3 & 7, "Bonk on Sharing." June 15, 2006.
- Interviewed for Australian Study, Emerging Practices in Vocational Ed e-Learning Futures, June 2006.Interviewed for NASA, Educational Technology Benchmarking Study, June 24, 2006.
- Interviewed for Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) report related to online terrorism, June 8, 2006.
- Interviewed/videotaped for Defense Acquisition University, Topic: E-learning, June 6, 2006.
- Interviewed for Edmonton Journal (newspaper), May 3, 2006
- Interviewed by three Edmonton, Alberta TV Stations, May 3, 2006
- Interviewed live for Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) radio station in Edmonton, May 3, 2006
- Interviewed for Information Week, Israel. E-Learning, March 2, 2006
- Quoted in article for eLearn Magazine, Predictions for 2006: E-Learning Experts Map the Road Ahead.
- Interviewed for Podcast, Countrywide Financials, October 6, 2005, Blended Learning.
- Quoted in NewsScan, January 10, 2005, "Whats Up Next for E-Learning?"
- Quoted in article for eLearn Magazine, Predictions for 2005: E-learning visionaries look to the future.
- Interviewed for Wisconsin State Times, E-learning trends (May).
- Interviewed for Educational Broadcasting System (EBS) in Korea for TV series on e-learning in K-12.
- This was the final episode of EBS Special Series: E-learning and the future of Korean education.
- Quoted in article for eLearn Magazine, Predictions for 2004: E-learning visionaries look to the future.
- Interviewed for Distance Ed Textbook by Michael Moore, Penn State, Viewpoint: Future of e-learning.
- Interviewed for Article, "Real learning for virtual classes," gradPsych, Sept, 2003.
- Interviewed for article on e-learning in newsletter for University of Kuopio, Finland.
- Interviewed and featured in Distance Education Report, "Sound Pedagogy, Inferior Tools: An E-Learning Overview with Curt Bonk, March 1, 2003, 7(5), p.8.
- Interviewed and featured in Educational Pathways, "A Modern Day Professor's Relationship Educational Technology, (2002, December), 1(13), p. 4-5.
- Ten myths of e-learning in college reprinted in Educational Pathways (2002, October), 1(11), p. 6.
- Quoted in a short article, "Very Distant Learning," in The Futurist, 36(5), September-October, 2002.
- Interviewed for "Campus Review," Australia leads the way with flexibility, August, 14-20 2002.
- Interviewed for article in "Inform" (New South Wales Dept of Education and Training), The future
of learning, today, Sept, 2002.
- Interviewed for article in "The AustralianHigher Education Series," Wed., August 7, 2002.
- Interviewed for Indiana University Daily Student article on wireless technology, July 29, 2002.
- Interviewed and videotaped for Univ. of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, July 23, 2002.
- Interviewed for Macquarie University School paper, New South Wales, Australia, July 16, 2002.
- Mentioned in Sydney Morning Herald article related to online learning, July 10, 2002.
- Mentioned in Education Technology News article related to keeping pace with tech, July 3, 2002.
- IU Press Release, IU tech expert predicts wireless explosion and interplanetary chats, June 20, 2002.
(Note: this article also appeared in various newspapers and newswires)
- IU Homepages, A CyberStar is born, Informatics, Bonk receive ANITA accolades, May 24, 2002.
- IU Press Release, School of Informatics, education professor win info tech awards, May 21, 2002.
- Interviewed for digital video for K-12 Australian teachers, "Online Pedagogy," July 2002.
- Interviewed for Metro Network Services, Indianapolis, IN, June 27, 2002.
- National TV Interview: New Zealand morning news, Re: E-Learning Summit, April 4, 2002.
- National Radio Interview: New Zealand National Radio, Re: E-Learning Summit, April 4, 2002.