TravelinEdMan is Off to China: 18 talks at 12 different universities in 6 cities.
June 2, 2015TravelinEdMan is about to embark in his longest trip of his career and a near record for the number of times I am speaking. This time, I am giving 18 talks at 12 different places in 6 cities in China and HK. Fortunately, they are now prepped and available for downloading (Hong Kong Academy for the Performing Arts was the final ones I created...done at 8:30 am yesterday morning). I do not like doing "all-nighters" anymore, but it had to be done.
I am now at the airport in Indianapolis about to depart for Detroit and then on to Shanghai and finally Hong Kong. My former student, Dr. Jingli Cheng, from the University of Hong Kong will great me when I get off the plane or so I hope. Below is my trip schedule.
Curt Bonk China Trip (6 cities):
(1) Hong Kong (Hong Kong U, HK Academy of Performing Arts, and Hong Kong Polytechnic—June 3-9),
(2) Shenzhen (South University of Science and Technology of China (SUSTC)—June 9-11),
(3) Guangzhou (Guangdong University of Foreign Studies and South China Normal University—June 11-14),
(4) Shanghai (Shanghai International Studies University and East China Normal University—June 14-20; conference in Shanghai for AECT Summer Research Institute (giving the keynote along with David Wiley): http://aect.org/chinasymposium/
(5) Hangzhou (Zhejiang University—June 20-23), &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp; &n bsp;
(6) Beijing (Beijing Normal University and National Open University of China—June 23-27).
I will speak in a variety of topics including online motivation and retention, MOOCs, online learning, online pedagogy, blended learning, life change from technology, open education, open educational resources, and so on. Of course, there will be some time for rest and relaxation.
All 18 of my talks are posted to my TrainingSha re account for downloading.Registration forms for my talks at my first stop (Hong Kong) can be found at the link above. After HK, I will go to Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai for an AECT event, Hangzhou, and end up in at Beijing Normal U (which recently translated my TEC-VARIETY book and the National Open U of China (which will publish it in print).
As I indicated, this is my longest such trip and definitely the most prep. I will see many former students, old time friends, visiting scholars, and even my 2 Chinese book translators and 2 publishers. I am so looking forward to it.
The Hotel Jen Hong Kong and the Harbourview await me for my first week of travel. Should be fun. Do check out the talks and talk schedule that I have posted to TrainingSha re..com archived talks. Hope to see you on the road to China or the road in China. More soon.
|Subscribe to Dr. Bonk's TravelinEdMan blog|